Saturday 7 June 2014

LIVING ALONE, THAT IS NOT LIFE!!!

:: they travel faster those who go alone, but travel further those who go together ::

Lone ranger, the big bad wolf... the lone beast in the territory...
these are all tags we admire and at times claim. But, really, are they worth it?
I confess that I have succumbed to this line of thinking for a while now.. I can do it alone.. I don't need them... well, the circumstances forced me to retreat for a while, but honestly, I was never alone.
Life can be harsh; your friends will become strangers, and surprisingly, you will find yourself bonding with strangers. You will grow with people you hardly know by your side, and you will find yourself retreating to your territory. And think you did it ALONE; you did not do it alone, rather, BY YOURSELF.
The reality is that, those truly by your side gave you the opportunity to do it by yourself..and this can be harsh.
God does this a lot, I came to realize. HE gives you the space for you to work it, do it. Whether you accomplish it or not is not HIS issue, HE is happy that you actually tapped into the reserves of your soul and made the effort. Those we love do this too, our parents especially. Quite often, I thought I was alone, yet I had someone by my side all the time. I got depressed and had many other issues, but in the end, I was not alone.
Now, here is the curve ball....
Those I thought had my back, didn't. Quite frankly, I have no idea of where 90% of my friends are...they just disappeared!! Some pop up from time to time asking for a favour or two..then fall off the face of the earth!!
But those I thought I was done with....are still in the sidelines!!! Social media, community projects, hobbies et al... these people still have the space to accommodate your victories in the most subtle of ways.. always reminding you that you are not alone.
They are many, these invincible friends, but they are there and will hold your hand in the drop of a hat.. and so will our Heavenly Father.
The lone ranger dies alone. That will never change. But then, those surrounded by fake friends die alone too, and in the most miserable lonesome death.
Learn to celebrate your true friends
...you don't have to buy drinks every weekend to do that; that is fake (out of experience). Five minutes to even share an inkling of their achievement will go a long way in celebrating your true friends (or just saying that what they wrote on their CV is true when you get that call even though you have never worked together..just saying...you get the drift..)
Appreciate those in your life. Living in a big city and feeling alone is worse than being trapped in a jammed lift..

Live your life, and learn to love.. 
This is Serenity!!!

You can read more on 
skin care, 
herbal stuff, 
depression, 
mental illnesses and their misconceptions, and what
makes us blue at times plus 
all other random stuff in the blog!!

 Stay updated by signing up for more posts, or visit our Facebook page for more
You can also purchase some of other items on sale on the online shop (don't worry, its secure) or visit the Pesapal simple shop
call/text/whatsapp +254725733412 or email me at mburu.njeri88@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

like and share..

Tweet Tweet...