Thursday 28 August 2014

Love and faith....

Love and faith.....


Faith is termed as the belief in that which is unseen.
When someone tells you, "Have faith.." they simply mean that it's high time you believed.
As usual, I will speak on what I have experienced, seen and observed. I will talk about my faith in God.

Hold up....
Now, most of those who know me know that I am not a very religious person. I am not keen on adhering to specific doctrines based on each church (I am a Christian, by faith, atheist by doctrine).
Actually most people think I am borderline atheist.. because I do not understand how you can praise Jesus using six different ways, or get babtized using six different jars.. I mean, the idea is to get to heaven, right??

WRONG!!
If you go to church every Sunday to reserve your one way ticket to heaven then you are in for a rude shock.
I resign to the fact that I will never understand the divisions in the Christian denominations (not to mention all other religions and their sub-divisions..). 
So it beats me how I can be babtized an Anglican, but cannot have a Church burial unless I consent to my husband's Catholic doctrine, or that my Anglican baptism becomes null and void if i get married to a Methodist...
I will not fight these systems. By all means, let them carry on as they have for thousands of years.

Thing is, they will NEVER define my relationship with God!!
I SAY THIS BECAUSE....

I have struggled with the fact that God loves me, simply because I based His love for me on doctrine. I have seen others die in despair when they shouldn't have, because they were not alone, yet they thought they were because of rituals here and there!!!
In as much as righteousness is required of us, it is not the ticket to life. We can fake righteousness!! I have done it. 

It is said that God accepted Abraham as righteous, not because he was Mr. Goody two shoes, but because he had faith!!!(Romans 4:3). So this was the sequence:
1. God called Abram
2. Abram responded and obeyed, even where he was not sure of himself.
3. God is happy, anoints Abram, renames him to Abraham and blesses him for ever.
It is God who taught Abraham to worship and offer sacrifices; Abraham didn't do it how he thought best..

So, to love God, has to come from the heart. Its just like marrying someone. You don't marry then love... You love then marry!! 
Otherwise you will just frustrate your spouse so much, you would have done them a favour and let them be with someone who genuinely wanted to be with them in the first place!!

So, my faith is not based on what I have learned in catechism classes, nor by the bible stories, or the many uncles and aunts who pray diligently. These factors played a big role in helping me understand what it was that I was yearning for.

I believe because I have "seen" His love. Life has not been easy, but I cannot complain because I look at how worse off I could have been had He not come through. There are situations that I thought He should have come through. But, when you rise from the ashes, you truly see how far you have come. If you did not die then, then you are definitely stronger for what is yet to come.

We have to stop being selfish too...
Sometimes, God blesses us so that we are the ANSWER to someone else's prayers!!!
The reason your business is doing miraculously well in a raggedy economy could be because someone asked God to bless him with a source of income so that his family does not starve!!
Maybe the deal went through because someone was on the verge of bankruptcy, and they were on their knees for a miracle... We are not better off because we have earned it. 

There are those who work harder than donkeys yet live in poverty (then you start lecturing them on the virtues of hard work... like, really?)
This is a very diverse topic, but in summary, we are kept alive by God's grace. And as we all know, God graces more those who love Him genuinely.

You cannot earn God's love by mighty works and acting all-holy: You already have it. He already loved you. Just don't treat Him like a fool for loving you.

This is Serenity!!!
**

No comments:

Post a Comment

like and share..

Tweet Tweet...