Wednesday 13 August 2014

The power of Purpose!!


Success is more permanent when you achieve it without destroying your principles - Anon


Purpose: the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists, or to have  as one's intention or objective.

Purpose, I find it equal to power!! When you have a reason to do something, you will find the means and resources to do it. Purpose is the reason people find the strength to move on even when hit hard with life: the reason the widow will resolve to become the ultimate best so that her children do not suffer; the force behind the rescuer who will risk his life to try and save a life; the determination behind the student studying till early morning to earn that certificate, diploma or degree. It is the painkiller that nursed Rev. Timothy Njoya after being beaten to a mushy pulp more than once!! 

Purpose, is powerful.

In my experience, purpose is also a life saver. There are days you will forget all your achievements, and question your worth. These moments can drain you spiritually. Once you start questioning your purpose on this earth, the will to live starts to fade. It is hard to notice this at first, but as it progresses, you feel tranquilized about life. Life or death don't evoke any emotions; progress or stagnation are one and the same... Purpose is lost!!

There are moments when depression will hit hard and all days will seem gloomy while nights will stretch on and on. You can't wait to get out of bed, yet you cannot wait to burry yourself under the blankets... And you will wonder if they truly mean it when they say "Rest in Peace"; because your greatest desire at that time is PEACE!!

There is a very good reason why most medical and psychological therapies involve joining a sport, or engaging in a hobby. These activities will give you a series of goals to reach, and since you are not under pressure to perform, reaching these 'goals' seems really easy. Even when you lose out, you have fun while at it. What your doctor will not tell you is that these activities stimulate your sense of purpose.

It has been observed that senior citizens usually live longer when they have grand children or even a pet that depends on them. Some go as far as adopting children from charities and raise them as their own. 

They forget about themselves and their struggles, and feel that they need to live for the sake of this other person.

This also happens to us. When, for a reason our resolve is tested, we resort to our purpose for doing things; some call it clarity of purpose.

*※ Success is more permanent when you achieve it without destroying your principles - Anon ※*

Purpose, in my experience is driven by principle. When you lack a pillar, you waiver. Like many people, I knew I had a purpose in life; I just didn't know what it was. I however knew my principles and though I may not have stuck to them 100% of my time, they defined most of my choices. Where I chose to forego my principles, I paid the price!! Slowly but surely, my principles helped mould my passions, and I slowly found my path towards my purpose. I still haven't pin-pointed it, but I am glad that I do have lots to live for. I cannot tell you why God put me on this earth, all I know is that when I wake up in the morning, or draft a plan in the evening, it will not be for nothing. I may not be where I expected myself to be five years back, but I have a PURPOSE that is driving me day in, day out. And as long as my passions are guided by my principles, the epic journey towards "discovering" my purpose on this earth is filled with lessons, achievements, failures and most importantly, fulfillment.

~※ Your dreams are your ballbusters, they aren’t the yellow brick road - Kelly Cutrone ※~

As we all know, fulfillment is the gem that we all look for. The best place to start the journey towards your fulfillment is to start with the One who created you with a PURPOSE. Start with God, whatever else may happen will happen. In the end, you will thank God that you had a life and lived it to fulfillment.
That, I believe is one purpose to live; to be fulfilled!!

This is Serenity!!!
Life is Beautiful!!!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

like and share..

Tweet Tweet...