Wednesday 1 October 2014

For my family and friends; From a crazy animal lover!!!

I am a crazy cat and dog owner...


yep, you heard right; I am the crazy cat-lady who is always shooing everyone around, as if a simple no cannot work.

I adore dogs; I am always talking in silly high-pitched tones and giggling to waggy-tails!!
I just love animals... people find it weird; how do you love animals? 

"They are not people; just because they are cute doesn't give them feelings!!" they say.. but I love them anyway.
I am the kind that will spare some milk for a stray stranger that is pleasant company; 

I will feel and empathise when you share a problem with me, and try to help wherever I can. Many of my species have taken advantage of this; but I can't help but reach out!! It us a losing battle to just ignore a genuine plight!!

I don't mind cleaning up after kittens, it's not like they see me as their lady-in-waiting.
It's just like changing the diaper of the toddler whose mommy is held up somewhere, and she asked me to baby-sit for just one hour. That cute look of gratitude...  and the giggles when you rub her tummy; gets me every time.

I don't mind having monologues... It's an art I have perfected.
It's like having a conversation with that naughty two-year old who is so interesting to watch, and then she babbles her entire day to you in mumbo-jumbo... you cannot understand a single word, but you fully understand her excitement and share her joy!! Lovely little beings!!

I love hugs..never mind that the furry creature is from investigating mud-life..
I will hug you and mean it, whether you are sweaty, or greasy, you got fifty layers of make-up or your hair is full of sticky gel and in fifteen temporary colours.. I will hug you and mean it.

I am very territorial, just like these adorable creatures; believe me when I take no offence when you tell me you need space!! I have no problem letting everyone enjoy their little moments of solitude and I cannot force my way in. You force your way in mine, I calmly pretend to listen and doze off... just like a cat.. or raise my hair and look at you dead in te eyes, and walk away... always works!!

I believe in law and order; no means no and yes means yes, puppy eyes or not.
I will not promise you something just to end the conversation.. 

Dogs have taught me how honest they are especially when they are disappointed. So, I will not disappoint you just because it was convenient.. you trusted me!!
Cats are worse... they make it clear you are untrustworthy and dish out silent treatments... I have learned to apologize even on the slightest mishap.. 
I am not a doormat, but I value my relationships more...

I believe in packs and prides. I believe in family and love, and respect of hierarchy; don't expect me to save you from granny when you got yourself in that naughty mess!!
Don't expect me to flirt with the rich, handsome stranger just because he offered me a ride in his juggernaut either.. pack mentality; your own first, then the rest!! 

It doesn't matter who they are: family is family; blood related or not.
I have learned how gifts can lift your spirit.. like when my cat would bring in a live lizard when am ill and in bed, hoping that the lizard will help 'heal' me just like chicken soup..
or when my dog comes silently, snuggles beside me when I over-sleep, then gently wakes me up when I sleep in too late!! 

It reminds me of the days my mother would let me sleep in, knowing too well that I am not ill; I am just tired. Or when my dad would send me airtime after 'over-hearing' me complain how broke I am..
Love comes in buckets i tell you...

The greatest lesson I have learned as a crazy fur-cuddler is the art of genuine forgiveness..
I will be harsh to that naughty dog and even pinch his ears, but when I come in from work, he is always there to jump and dance upon my arrival.. he forgot i pinched his ears earlier!!

Just like my parents; I have a list of sins that would make the devil hide in shame, but they still consider me as their own.. they get stressed when I'm ill; they get frustrated when I'm hell-bent on making bad decisions, but are always there to offer support when my bad decisions get me whooped!!
Never mind the scolding; I get scolded till heavens come, but I don't end up homeless!!!

Just like these furry little beings; they will bite me when I cooperate with the vet, but will share whatever little joys they have with me because they truly mean it!!

***
This is Serenity!!
***
****
(Image credit: Ontario spca)


No comments:

Post a Comment

like and share..

Tweet Tweet...